Wednesday 1 June 2011

Cherry Clafoutis

I feel almost guilty i haven't posted in so long! And then i could hardly decide what to post out of all the things i've had time to bake (but not post) in the last few weeks. I've never tried cherry clafoutis before so i was a little unsure what i should expect and what i should eat with it. It turned out that it was so good that me and my mum (who normally loves anything you can pour custard on) ate it straight from the dish.



Ingredients

Recipe from Nigel Slater. Serves 4

400g cherries
70g butter (melted and cooled slightly)
80g caster sugar
2 free range eggs
90g plain flour
150ml milk
teaspoon vanilla extract


Start by stoning the cherries (arrgh, i am not patient at all but i managed to persevere!), then butter a 20cm baking dish and dust with some sugar and tip in your cherries. In a bowl beat the sugar with the eggs (one by one) then beat in the flour, milk, vanilla then finally the melted butter. Pour all over the cherries and bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes until puffed up and golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.



2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks so wonderful. I have been trying to stave off my fresh cherry addiction but I may just have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks scrum-diddly-umptious!
    Could you make it for my home-coming pretty please?
    Ro X

    ReplyDelete